ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone any idea how to make an IP appear to be in another country?

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinjaw:
Anyone any other ideas or good services that offer this kind of facility?
-Carol Haynes (February 25, 2008, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used The Proxy Connection for a few months and thought they offered great service. I talked to the owner for about 45 minutes on the phone and he was knowledgeable and very helpful. I will use their service again if the need arises.

Carol Haynes:
Proxy Connection looks interesting but it makes expensive TV at $50 per month - that's twice as much as I pay for Digital Satellite!

It would be more interesting too if they had a try before you buy service because so far my experience of proxy servers is that access to streaming is pretty poor.

jgpaiva:
TOR is nice and everything, but you don't really have control of which exit router to use, and thus it's pretty useless for this case :)
-f0dder (February 25, 2008, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, i think i recall reading that it's possible through some ini editing to set the entry point, the exit point and how many hops.

urlwolf:
If you have a friend in the country you want to be 'be' in ip-wise, ask him to give you an account on a machine.

Alternatively, you can use VPN to any network in that country. Your IP would show up from that country as you want.

app103:
There is instructions for doing it to access pandora.com from outside the US, with tor, here:
http://openpandora.blogspot.com/2007/06/complete-guide-for-using-openpandora.html

Probably will work for what you want, Carol...just replace the 'www.pandora.com' in the tor.pac file with the site you want, instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version