ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Xobni beta - Outlook Mail indexer and organizer

<< < (10/12) > >>

Armando:
FWIW, my organization at the moment is centred aroud X1 Desktop Search and a lot of rules and folders!
-Darwin (September 05, 2008, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure that this is working well. If only X1 could be snappier... Oh well. At least, I got (and still use) the free version.

Darwin:
Here's the thing (and I don't want to jinx it): X1 6.x is a DREAM on my computer. Snappy, doesn't hog resources, and its previewing feature is second to none (courtesy of the Stellent technology that it ships with)... Having said that, I know that in the past I've had SERIOUS resource hogging issues with it as well as it being DOG slow, and that many others have problems even with the current version. Just. Not. Me. Yet. Knock.On.Wood!

:P

Armando:
hummmm... I've got version 6 too, and I still find it a bit sluggish... Oh well.  :)

sttrebo:
Can anyone tell me the difference between Xobni and ClearContext?  I've been running Xobni for a little while and I'm fairly impressed.  I received a free copy of ClearContext Pro last week.  According to the forums, you can run both apps. at the same time, but I'm not sure why.

thanks in advance.

Darwin:
ClearContext... I've just taken a look. Interesting. I does look similar to Xobni, though I can't tell if it has the same indexing features. One thing that strikes me about the Pro version is that the developer is touting things like the ability to turn e-mails into tasks and calendar appointments at the click of a button. DOn't know why I'd want to pay $90 for a feature that is already in Outlook 2007! (Perhaps it's not in 2003?).

Further, Xobni tracks and displays relationships between contacts - I'm not sure if ClearContext does this, either...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version