ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Xobni beta - Outlook Mail indexer and organizer

<< < (8/12) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I really wish there were some other way to play iTunes files (ie without using iTunes).
--- End quote ---

There is - either use SoundTaxi or similar to convert them to MP3 or burn them to CD and then import them to a proper music player.

Trouble is I keep meaning to do this but I have a large number of files to convert and there isn't a quick way to do it.

Thinking about it the Outlook plugin is probably related to syncing  contacts and calendars etc. with iPods and iPhones.

I really can't see why Apple can't include simple tick boxes during installation of iTunes to allow you to choose whether to install iPod support etc. Why should every PC user that installs iTunes have loads of iPod crap permanently running in the background when they haven't got a stupid f************ !

Darwin:
There is - either use SoundTaxi or similar to convert them to MP3 or burn them to CD and then import them to a proper music player.
-Carol Haynes (March 08, 2008, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yes, I've done this for most, if not all of them (I use Noteburner). However, I'd like to be able to play iTunes format files (mp4? or whatever it is) without the bother of conversion! Not a big deal, I suppose...

I absolutely agree about the lack of options on install on both QuickTime and iTunes. It's ridiculous and is partially what drove me to banish them both in their entirety from my computer (another factor was the number of services and add-ins that they kept installing and not giving me any option to disable. Example: the iPod service. I don't own an iPod and after three years with iTunes I never will!).

Darwin:
OK - it's been six months... anyone out there still using Xobni? I've been thinking about alternative ways of organizing Outlook and have been looking at Xobni and NEO and thought I'd ask for post Sp-3/dust settling opinions of Xobni. I'm particularly interested in Carol's thoughts as I know she's a fan of NEO and wonder is she's still using either or both applications? They do similar things differently...

FWIW, my organization at the moment is centred aroud X1 Desktop Search and a lot of rules and folders!

Grorgy:
I really liked it, but I use my laptop for mail and its only got a 1.5 celeron and the performance hit on outlook was just too great.

Darwin:
I really liked it, but I use my laptop for mail and its only got a 1.5 celeron and the performance hit on outlook was just too great.
-Grorgy (September 05, 2008, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fudge and banana peels... How recently have you used it? Just curious as I know the performance hit was problemetic in March of this year, but was hoping to hear that things have improved!

Anyway, thank you for replying  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version