ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Xobni beta - Outlook Mail indexer and organizer

<< < (2/12) > >>

Grorgy:
hehehe this xobni looks like fun anyway, and anything that makes email fun has to be good.  I now have some invites to if Darwin runs out  ;)

Darwin:
I'm really enjoying the functionality but do note that over time RAM use creeps up and more irritatingly stays up. Where Outlook will release RAM when it is minimized to tray (or if it is maximized from tray and reminimized), Xobni's service hoards it. I shouldn't fuss... I have 2 GB of RAM and rarely have under 900MB free (and usually 1.3 Gig or so), but I can't help it. Years of conditioning have left me a paranoid about RAM utilization!

Grorgy:
Yeah, I know what you mean about the conditioning Darwin, but, for the functionality I am thinking it could be worth the additional RAM, besides, I don't leave my mail on all the time when i am at Uni, and when at home its about all the laptop does, mail and IM, so its not really a problem.

iphigenie:
One thing xobni makes really easy to find is attachments sent to or received from a person.

It even remembers the attachment after you have deleted it, which can be handy when checking history of things

jgpaiva:
It even remembers the attachment after you have deleted it, which can be handy when checking history of things
-iphigenie (February 24, 2008, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
You mean it keeps the attachment even though you deleted it in outlook?
Honestly, i don't think that's a "feature", when i delete something, i expect it to be gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version