ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

how to un-minimize FireFox for URL's?

(1/3) > >>

ottenm:
I like to keep most of my running apps minimized, with only the one or two I'm using restored (not maximized, just regular-sized).  So my URL FARR targets usually land in a minimized FireFox.  Is there a way to send them over there and get FireFox to unminimize?  I tried appending a /MAXIMIZE onto the end of one of the aliases, but no luck (probably would have worked if FireFox had not been running, but I didn't really want it maximized, just regular-ized).

Thanks for any help-

Mike

mouser:
this should really happen automatically whenever a url is launched -- it does here.

as long as the thing being launched is a url, your browser should pop up from minimization when the url is opened.  as i said it does here.  it's not FARR doing that, it's the browser doing it.  i use firefox too by the way.

ps i do use a firefox extension that minimizes FF to the tray but i really don't think that is it.

ottenm:
That's what I thought, but no luck here.  FF 2.0.0.12, with a few add-ons, but nothing jumping out as a possible culprit of "retain minimized despite new URL".  Will keep an eye out.  Open to suggestions.

mouser:
can anyone else say whether their firefox automatically unminimizes when a url is launched by another program?

ottenm, maybe you could try this and see if it unminimizes your FF when triggering:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6714.0

again same question to others: does FF unminimize for you when you launch a url from another program?  (maybe there is an option for this in FF?)

mouser:
another possible reason that it might work for me and not for others is that i have FF set to open a new tab for new urls, and maybe you don't? and maybe FF only will un-minimize if their is a new tab or page being opened?

here is something to try: set FF as a custom browser in FARR and see if that makes a difference.  i don't have it set in mine but it will cause urls to launch via a different method, which might trigger FARR to wake up.  just put the path to FF and dont worry about the $$1 i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version