ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (43/187) > >>

Darwin:
Yeah, me too. I'm horribly squeamish about killing anything. Yes, I realise that this makes me a hypocrite every time I eat meat, but c'est la vie...

I had to have my dog put down yesterday and miss him desperately. I couldn't help thinking that 100 year ago I would have been out back with a gun and a shovel (or just the shovel) and have done the deed myself. I guess compassion for someone or something that we love can make us do the unthinkable... We've divorced ourselves so much from life (and death) we don't know how to deal with it.

PS you can read "we" above as the royal we - I really shouldn't generalize as I'm talking about myself!

JeffK:
Sorry to hear about your dog, Darwin.  We can really grieve over our pets.  They become so much a part of us.

Best wishes, Jeff

mouser:
Sorry for your loss Darwin.
(see if you can find this song: Joan Baez "Old Blue")

Darwin:
Thanks, guys and sorry for getting maudlin in here... Old Blue is a great song, though I haven't heard it in years, I must go find it.

tomos:
Hey Darwin hope you're feeling a bit better..

I'm downloading - that should be uploading i guess - photos from camera as i write so i can post a view from the window or wherever as people were doing earlier in this thread.

Tom's the name - but "tom" was gone when i first joined the forum (just over a year ago - finally introducing myself!)

Anyways,
I'm irish and i live in germany for the last 4 & half years now.
Dont get homesick but do find the language a struggle at times, complicated by the fact that most people around here speak a dialect that even native speakers from elsewhere take time to come to grips with ...

I was 43 a couple weeks ago - at the beginning here i thought i was old for here but this thread & that one about what age people are made me feel a bit more "average" ! (I know - why should i want to be average, well it all began when I was a wee fellah... )

Computerwise, I'm probably about the same level as Curt who describes himself as "IT Analphabet" -
I'm not afraid to jump in and get my hands dirty though!
On the other hand I love software that works well and is easy to figure out -
I find if something promises something but doesent work easily out of the box I'll probably just forget about it unless I really want to do whatever it does.

I like taking fotos especially of where i live so -

from the front door - sun just over the hill

from the window - south, morning again

north-west, evening, edge of the village (about 5 houses up the hill  :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version