ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (33/187) > >>

cthorpe:
Hello,

My name is Carl Thorpe.  I teach computers at an elementary school in Texas.  All students from Kindergarten through fourth grade come to the computer lab.  I am currently working on full teaching certification, and I hope to be teaching in a regular classroom next year.

I have been using computers for more than 20 years.  I am interested in integration of technology and education, especially as it pertains to young children.  My hobbies include reading and watching movies.

Carl

cranioscopical:
Hello, I'm Chris Larcombe and I'm 60.
My expertise is in communications research.  I acted as an adviser to national and regional governments and also to most major companies in Canada (where I now live) and many others in the U.S. and the U.K.  These days I have fewer clients; that's because about 10 years ago I decided to begin a move towards retirement.
Programming was never more than a hobby for me.  When I first owned a personal computer it was a case of program what you need or use this lump of hardware as a quirky ornament.  Today, so much 'off-the-shelf' material is available that it's often better for me to use that.   Computers are an abiding interest of mine.
My wife is an artist.  She and I live in rural Ontario, some distance east of Toronto.  We have two dogs, a black German shepherd (Mars) and a wire-haired fox terrier (Ripley).  Having already enjoyed life in some major cities we now like the peace and space of country living.
Donation Coder provides some relaxation for me, and without the need to leave home. 
I'm delighted to make your acquaintance. 

y0himba:
Hi there.  I'm "y0himba" and I am a 40 year old father of 5 from PA, married for 15 years.  I drive a school bus, and I am a proud support tech.  I run my own small computer troubleshooting business here and I love to troubleshoot, to fix, without loss of data.  To me, if you need to format, it's not fixed.  I also design web sites for businesses here in my small town, and help run a small foundation that gets computers and Internet access to underprivileged families, and small "mom & pop" businesses in our area.  My wife has two Burger King stores, one here in town, the other about 40 minutes from here.

I spend my time either here on the computer, or in The Outer Banks, NC.  I am not very wealthy, but I made a small donation because I truly feel this is a wonderful concept, and I use many of the utilities here, I find then extremely useful without all the garbage that comes with expensive software.

BTW:  Nice to meet you all, long thread to read  :P

mouser:
Free burger king to all DC members in PA !  :P

Good to see you posting y0himba, set your avatar image when you get a chance!
Hi also to carl and chris - glad to see you on this thread  :Thmbsup:

y0himba:
I am doing that now LOL!  I switched domains and forgot to hit all the forums I am on....

EDIT:  There, that's better!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version