ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (32/187) > >>

sipsake:
Hello All,
I can't remember how I came across this site...could've been surfing, might've been googling, maybe even Stumbled upon it. However I got here, I'm glad it happended. This is an incredible place. I'm a software junkie and have found Nirvana.

My name's Kevin Anderson, I'm 42, married, and I live in Memphis, Tennessee, home of Elvis, Pork BBQ, Blues and not much else worth mentioning.

I know virtually nothing about writing code except for a course in BASIC I took in college back in '84 to fulfill my language requirement, and a half-a**ed attempt at learning VB.Net about 6 months ago. (I did manage a successful "Hello World" web app, thank you)

Actually I spend much of my time in mortal combat with application developers. See...I'm a Systems/Network Admin. and am often blamed for unexpected errors when applications make their way to my test environment. And I must admit, it is foolish of me to design the test systems based on the specs of our end users and not the hardware used by the developers. Such is life.

However, you all seem like a convivial lot, and not at all insane, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

mouser:
Welcome greg, kittytoast, and kevin (sipsake)  :Thmbsup:

Glad to have you here and with us for the new year.  Make yourself at home :)

tinjaw:
My real name is Chaim Krause and I live in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. I am a computer professional currently, but I have dabbled in many professions. I spend almost all my time in front of a computer, both at work and at home. I live by myself with my American Eskimo Dog named Washington (short for General George Washington) and my cat Pudems. I am interested in just about anything having to do with computers and with the hobby of wargaming.

momonan:
Hi, everyone.  I live in the northeast U.S. and I'm wrapping up a career as a public interest lawyer, writing, speaking, and doing related activities.  Even though I'm not a programmer, I can't live without the community of this site.  Except for this site :D, I spend entirely too much time at the computer.

I have a dear family that includes a computer whizz and a teacher.  Plus a part-time dog that I share with an ex-spouse -- kind of a Thai ridgeback (the dog, not the spouse ;)).

jgpaiva:
I guess i never made a decent presentation about myself in this thread, so here it is:

Hi! My real name is João G Paiva.
I live in Portugal and i'm a student.
I study computer engeneering at Instituto Superior Técnico in Lisbon.
I live with 2 friends of mine, who also study at the same university and, as we live very near to our university, we have lots of free time, which i translate into heavily frequenting DC.
I don't have any hobbys other than trying to constantly improve my computer experience. I do like to occasionally play squash, the only sport that i really enjoy playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version