ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (31/187) > >>

mouser:
Welcome to the site Ruffnekk, glad to have you here  :Thmbsup:

jacquesrober:
Hi, I am Jacques,
I like computers but don't know programming except for HTML. (Built 2 websites for my ex-employer) I am now 63 and retired with Marie who was a high school director.
I like to try new programs and manage to almost crash approx. once a week ;D. I have done 2 recoveries so far on my new HP purchased in september 2006 (superbundled computer with dual core processor.) Of course it takes a few days to debundle and reset the software the way it was before the almost crash. (It actually totally crashed: no winsock= no desktop).
This site is interesting and I hope it stays that way.
 I am available for translation from english to french if you need it for programs or help files.
Salutations to all.
Jacques.
Oh ye,
I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

mouser:
Welcome to the site Jacques, make yourself at home  :Thmbsup:

gregheaton:
Hi, I'm Greg, I'm a 29yr old Aussie working for a large Industrial Controls company. I work in the Technical Support department which at times can be quite busy. At the moment I'm on my last night of a 2 week business trip in China and leaving for a week trip to Sth Korea, then will be back home by end of first week of december...

My programming experience is long, but shallow...I learnt VB5 (i think) in TAFE (a bit like college) about 7 years ago, from there I really just learnt things the hard way. Recently I have been writing a few apps for work to automate simple procedures. I wouldnt say my programming skills are good, but my fault finding and information seeking skills are excellent. So with google, I can do most anything...lol.

I have recently taken a liking to c# and dont find it that hard to understand, I'm just struggling to find the time to practice.

Anyway, I'll see if i can contribute to the coding snack for ideas or solutions...please be gentle...lol

kittytoast:
Dudes.
From Calgary, Alberta.
A computer refurbisher [volunteer].
Learning to manage XP - for those who can visualize the wink* wink* read between the lines.

Also, a Linux newb - Ubuntu and Kubuntu [VERY shiny].
Hope that I can donate soon.
Credit problems at present [not that that'll stop me for long].

I have my ways of getting out of debt. [no ,not bankrupcy]
Nice to be here. :)

Jealous of those with a corner office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version