ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (172/187) > >>

Vurbal:
Whoa. Jethro Tull has never really been on my radar, but now they are! Thank you!
-wut?! (April 25, 2015, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome! I really got into Tull in my early 20s, and quickly realized they were a lot more interesting than I ever realized. Their studio albums aren't always as good as they could be, mostly due to the way they worked in the studio during the 70s. Of course a lot of bands had that problem. Also, the bassist on that recording was kicked out a couple years later, which is a long and stupid story.

I've been on a huge funk spree lately. Listening to lots of Sly, Herbie Hancock, Isaac Hayes, Commodores, Supertramp, Tower of Power, and of course Parliament/Funkadelic, etc...

I can't seem to get enough.

--- End quote ---

Here's a couple lesser known favorites of mine.

The Temptations, with original Funkadelic members Eddie Hazel and Billy Nelson on guitar and bass:

Living Colour plays James Brown:

We should definitely take this to the music thread.

mouser:
Great to have a new friendly soul here, wut, welcome to the site  :up:

wut?!:
Hey, thanks, everyone! How's everyone's weekend going? I've got the organization bug. Going through my music to rename files and update tags.

shadzovgra:
Fifty six years young from New Zealand. Was an artist/musician, but due to age and a few other factors that swing around the "Bummer" area, I'm now forced to live on a pension and heavy duty pain killers that enable movement without the need of a wheelchair. Moved to Australia some twenty six years ago and have been here since. Love computers and reading up on the latest technologies :graduate:. Listen to a large variety of music, sometimes all night, rather than sit and reflect on my past in silence.

Was extremely happy :-* in a marriage that lasted for thirty three years, before I had to let my soul mate go, due to her body undergoing multiple organ failure :(.

Love gaming still. I believe it helps to keep the brain active and reflexes sharp. Though I'm not as capable as I was, I still like to help others when I can. Anything really, rather than sit around feeling sorry for myself and allowing the negative crap that has happened over the past few years rule my life. Bit of a rebel still. But nothing like what I was like as a teenager :tease:. Love animals and have a little male Tibetan Spaniel called Maestro as a companion. He has proven himself to be so intelligent and loyal, that I really don't know what I'd do without his company these days :-*. To me, he's everything most humans aren't :Thmbsup:. Well, I've probably bored the living hell out of everyone who has taken the time to read this. So I'll say hi, be well to all and sign off.

mouser:
Welcome to the site, shadzovgra  :up:
There is also a thread for posting about your pets: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19111.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version