ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (170/187) > >>

vortext:
Thank you for your site. I have been visiting silently for some time but have not participated until now. I am a student studying to be an engineer in an American university. My command of English is ok but not colloquial since it is not my native language. I will do my best to make myself understandable.

tomos:
Thank you for your site. I have been visiting silently for some time but have not participated until now. I am a student studying to be an engineer in an American university. My command of English is ok but not colloquial since it is not my native language. I will do my best to make myself understandable.
-vortext (February 17, 2015, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
welcome to dc vortext :)

perfectly clear English btw :up:
(if you have trouble with any colloquialisms, just ask!)

wut?!:
This place is great. The more I lurk around, the more I like it.

I'm an IT/network admin in the southwest US. I've been a FLOSS junkie since I installed Yellow Dog Linux on my Powermac G4 in 2003. I built my first x86 box in 2004. It had an AMD 2800+, 4GiB of ram and I was STOKED about it. From there I went through ubuntu (That was 5.04, Hoary Hedgehog. I remember how awesome the upgrade to Breezy was. It fixed tons of bugs for me.), Mint, Gentoo, and Debian. I now run Parabola, and I think I found my home there. I used to be a KDE fan, but I really can't stand KDE 4. I'm now running Awesome WM and really loving it. It's fully customizable through Lua scripts, so I'm learning lots of Lua.

Personally, Windows provides me with entertainment in the form of games. Professionally, it provides money in that people will pay me to fix it. I think I probably end up using it about half the time, even on my main box. At work, I use it all the time as it's definitely a Microsoft shop.

Uh, what else? I'm really into music and I love everything from Jazz to Hip-Hop to Metal to Breaks to Classical and everything in-between. I collect headphones and build A/V ICs for friends. Right now, I'm listening to some Fats Domino through my AKG K7XX. Before that it was Biggie, and before that it was some Bach. Next up is a Nina Simone album called To Love Somebody.

Figured I'd try to participate more. Hope everyone has a great night!

Thanks so much for DC. I'm having a ball checking everything out.  :up:

barney:
Thanks so much for DC. I'm having a ball checking everything out.  :up:
-wut?! (April 24, 2015, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Prepare to be overloaded  :huh: :-[ :P.  There's more mental talent here than in most university faculties  :-*.

rgdot:
Welcome  :)

DC is indeed great and the recent numbers up near the logo are one important testament to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version