ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (164/187) > >>

rjbull:
maintained an IBM 360-fredemeister (August 17, 2013, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
[ sigh ] I misread "maintained" as "married."  Some of us have been here a little too long...

40hz:
Welcome fredimeister. :)

Always good to see a new name around here. With your wide range of interests and work experience I'm sure you'll find you fit in quite well with this crowd. Also my special welcome to a fellow Linux user. We may be in the minority as of now. But it's only a matter of time before that changes.

Be seein' ya around the campus! :Thmbsup:

fredemeister:
Thanks folks.  Might not be here often, and I tend to lurk more than leap out into the open, but I'm still interested in learning so I'll be around.

barney:
Who knows what deviltry exists in the hearts of DC ... the lurker knows  :P.  And, around here, lurking can be very educational  :Thmbsup:.

(Apologies for the misquote to those of you who recall radio drama  ;).)

telephonics:
Hi- I''m a 91 year old retiree with severe vision loss. I depend upon my PC and video reader to keep in touch with the world. In my first career I served as a regular Ar, Signal Corps Officer and when retired I joined the zMartin Marietta Corpopartion  as the Director of c3I programs. Upon reaching the mandatory retirement age of 65 I again retired only to be hired back as a consultant. After getting my feet on the ground in this world of consulting I started serving other companies than MMC and grew the organization to 12 full time and about 50 part time associates. When my wife's deteriorating health required my full time attention I sold the company to the full time employees and retired again.ife passed 3 years ago and I now live alone with daily health aides helping me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version