ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (163/187) > >>

Curt:
(see attachment in previous post)-40hz (July 14, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Welcome, Vurbal  :up:

Vurbal:
Thank you.

fredemeister:
64 year old married male living in New Zealand.  Joined military out of school for six active years, then working with computers since 1972 maintained an IBM 360 with many peripherals, then as a Health and Safety contractor, college lecturer, then back to computers in 1991 self employed as a system analyst moonlighting as a repair tech and corporate trainer.  Retired at 57 years just as Vista was released.  Since then been learning Linux, mainly Mint and how to get stuff working in Linux.  Also photography - our region is seabound on two sides and has some magnificent scenery.  Rode a motorbike seriously since 17, got my license at 32 and gave up at 63 due to health problems, and my wife lost confidence as my pillion. (No incidents, just early Alzheimer's.) Have two daughters living in the area with seven grandchildren, two sons out of area with six grandchildren: oldest grandchild = 25 years, youngest = 3 years.  Now spend most days surfing the web and/or walking the beach about 200 metres away.

Here's a link to the local community, about 30 minutes drive to NZ's largest city Auckland, with about 1.8 million people - too many people and far too close, but that's how it is.

http://www.orewabeach.co.nz/joomla3/galleries/gallery-orewa/index.html

In image 3, look for the big tree to the right horizontally and almost centre vertically.  We live in that general area, quiet, close to town and beach.  The beach is about 1.5 miles long so there's plenty to see on the gallery.  Scenes shown are from all along the beach.

cranioscopical:
Good to meet you fredemeister, welcome!
I think you'll enjoy the community here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version