ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (28/187) > >>

jdd:
Pretty sweet, Mouser.  You assimilated db90h in about 19 minutes.  Would you mind telling which graphics programs were involved? :tellme:

mouser:
that was done with Fireworks, but the key was that the cody graphic was made using layers by nudone with the top beak being one layer, and lower beak being another.

so it was complete luck that i was able to achieve the effect of the thing being in his beak so easily.

NeilS:
Hi Folks,

I've been a member for a few months, but haven't quite gotten around to posting until now. Anyway, I'm 34, from Scotland, and I've been a game developer (programming, mainly) for as long as I can remember, although I've been branching out into other areas recently (software research, both in and out of the games industry).

Like most people here, I'm a sucker for cool bits of software, so I was very happy when I found this place. Kudos to Mouser for creating a great community here - long may it continue!

So, nice to meet everyone, and I'll try and post a bit more from now on...

- Neil.

TucknDar:
suppose I can post in here, too

I'm a 27 years old male livining in Oslo, Norway.
I've been using computers since... 1994 I think, but never got further than being a "mildly advanced user" meaning I can't program in any language. Well, I know a tiny bit of PHP, but that's about it. I love to tweak my system though, and have been into alternative shells for 7-8 years or something, with a preference for LiteStep (and the PureLS-branch when that was actively maintained). I recently discovered AutoHotkey and am trying to tweak and write useful scripts.
I love freeware, but with the discovery of DonationCoder.com I've found myself donating for freeware and also registering a few shareware apps (some Collectorz-programs through the DC-discount!). I've "always" wanted to be able to code programs, but I suppose AHK is as far as I can go... unless you know some great way to learn C or C++, that is.

"software I can't live without"(tm):
Total Commander
LiteStep
Opera
PSPad
Miranda
OpenOffice.org
KatMouse (microsoft, you got wheelscrolling all wrong!!!)

On a personal note, my first-born daughter is now 5 weeks  :-* I'll never forget this summer, that's for sure! Becoming a father is, needless to say, the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me!
That's about as much as I care to post right now... maybe more in my personal profile later :-[

JeffK:
Good to hear from you all.

Congratulations, TucknDar, on your new daughter.  May your joy continue!

Best wishes,

Jeff Kogler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version