ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (144/187) > >>

BGM:
Salvete!  I am a Catholic Religious Brother stationed north of Kansas City in the USA, and, aside from my religious duties, much of my work involves computers - graphic design, programming, tech-support, IT stuff.  A "brother" is like a "monk" except that, instead of living in a secluded monastery, he lives with the priests and assists them in their work.  I happen to be stationed at the headquarters for our religious order, so my computer knowledge is of benefit to the entire order.

Flat out, I love programming.  My first language is a little-known language called BCX.  However, I also code in AutoHotkey, .NET (vb), Powerpro, and javascript.  I think I am going to learn the syntax for C#, however.

Being a religious brother, I have the three vows: Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience, so whatever I do must be approved by my superior.  Likewise I have no income, and all my time and mind is devoted to the Church.  However, sometimes I make applications to aide my own work, and as they may be valuable to other people, so I am interested in sharing, and have no mind to make any money doing it, hence my "introduction" here in DC! 

mouser:
Welcome to the site, BGM!  :Thmbsup:

BGM:
Thanks, Mouser!  I have actually been poking around here for a long time.  My profile shows I joined in April 06, 2008!  It is actually from Skrommel's apps that I took to learn AutoHotkey, which I use in my actual work.

40hz:
@BGM - welcome indeed! For once somebody with an unusual (for me at least) occupation. I don't recognize the crest however. Is that your Order or just something you use? :)

BGM:
No, the image isn't for my order; it is a symbol for the Blessed Virgin.  Our web site is: http://www.sspx.org.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version