ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (20/187) > >>

nudone:
mouser has said it all. welcome back zaine.

vegas:
bout time f00.  welcome back indeed.  we miss you & your insight.  ...also your site updates.

epopuI:
Hello, Hi, Heyup, Dumela, Avuxeni, in other words greetings other members.
I just found this part of the board so here goes.  I was born (it's true) in Bromborough, Cheshire, UK. After High School I went to Hotel School in Stoke.  From there into management for a subsidiary of Lyons in London.  Trampling on people to get to the top didn't appeal to me (have no killer instinct) so left that behind to be the Chef/Instructor at an approved school (young offenders) in Derbyshire.  My father got offered a teaching position in Johannesburg and 'forced' me to apply to get a job too. I worked back in the catering industry as a training officer until getting married.  I then had the qualifications to be a houseparent in a boys home (had a wife to be housemother) Had 35 boys from 7-14 in my house. Great fun ;) My wife had been a missionary in Angola and we met at our church.  I am a Christian and come from a Christian family. My grandfather was a missionary in the Congo, where my Dad was born.  My daughter was born and when she got to the age of being 'at risk' we decided to leave the home.  As my wife is a Canadian we moved to Canada.  I worked with people with disabilities and wrote software, as a volunteer, for children with severe multiple disabilities.  Unfortunately, lifting etc. took its toll and I ended up having to give up the work.  So now I am on a disability pension at the age of 54.  Thank God for computers - I can still travel by internet!
Now I play with the computer and am getting into CG 3D art.

Enuff!
Good to meet you all - I enjoyed reading all your bio's.

Carol Haynes:
Hello, Hi, Heyup, Dumela, Avuxeni, in other words greetings other members.
I just found this part of the board so here goes.  I was born (it's true) in Bromborough, Cheshire, UK. After High School I went to Hotel School in Stoke.  From there into management for a subsidiary of Lyons in London.  Trampling on people to get to the top didn't appeal to me (have no killer instinct) so left that behind to be the Chef/Instructor at an approved school (young offenders) in Derbyshire.  My father got offered a teaching position in Johannesburg and 'forced' me to apply to get a job too. I worked back in the catering industry as a training officer until getting married.  I then had the qualifications to be a houseparent in a boys home (had a wife to be housemother) Had 35 boys from 7-14 in my house. Great fun ;) My wife had been a missionary in Angola and we met at our church.  I am a Christian and come from a Christian family. My grandfather was a missionary in the Congo, where my Dad was born.  My daughter was born and when she got to the age of being 'at risk' we decided to leave the home.  As my wife is a Canadian we moved to Canada.  I worked with people with disabilities and wrote software, as a volunteer, for children with severe multiple disabilities.  Unfortunately, lifting etc. took its toll and I ended up having to give up the work.  So now I am on a disability pension at the age of 54.  Thank God for computers - I can still travel by internet!
Now I play with the computer and am getting into CG 3D art.
-epopuI (April 02, 2006, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow welcome ... and what a convoluted story ;) Are you still in Canada? Where about. My family live near Toronto.

Small world isn't it - you were born in Bromborough - I was born in Birkenhead (just down the road really) !!

epopuI:
Wow welcome ... and what a convoluted story ;) Are you still in Canada? Where about. My family live near Toronto.
Small world isn't it - you were born in Bromborough - I was born in Birkenhead (just down the road really) !!

--- End quote ---

Hello Carol,
Small world it is but Canada a big country I live in Alberta about 4000kms west of Toronto.
Bebington was my home town.  But we left there when I was 5 so I remember only the bits that I've seen since then.  Not been back to UK for over ten years now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version