ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (3/187) > >>

mouser:
wow nice site and forum jeffk - i just added to our Best Of links page.  :Thmbsup:

zridling:
I'm 43, a professional writer, and am consumed by the pursuit of great software (see signature below). I spend my entire day and most of my night on the computer, usually writing books, articles or translating between Canadian and US English dialects — ha!— so hardware ergonomics, along with user interface and sound design are keys to what I favor in software. As a result of my sedentary lifestyle, I watch too much TV, eat too much chocolate, and fully intend to exercise again when I win the lottery. I have a PhD in philosophy and taught college undergraduates for ten years, though I did not enjoy the departmental politics and game-playing by too many faculty in modern academia. That came to an end in 2002 when I moved to St. Louis with Access Foundation and I haven't looked back. I've lived all over the place, but hope to move back to Nova Scotia someday.

Scott:
A smart, educated guy who spends an enormous amount of time on the computer, and who has tested and used an endless list of software titles.  It's no surprise, then, Zaine, that I almost always agree with you!  :)

jpfx:
43, from UK.
Joined british army at 16. Became an electronic warfare operator, learnt (some) arabic, left in 88.
Truck driver for a while, then drainage engineer (no Job too big!). Spent summers working in France as an area supervisor for camping holiday company. Got first PC.
Called back to army in 91 for a brief waste of time.
Went fulltime with holiday company, running warehouse in winter and supervising in summer. Left in 94 to start a degree in Computer Science (systems). Did some contract PC engineer work for us army in Germany.
96 I was offered a job overseas as sotware support for british army. Had to leave university with one semester to do. Did that for 3+ years. Met my wife (to be) on Yahoo.
2000 moved to USA and got married. Got a job as Network Admin (read all IT) in small local company and been there ever since. Learning/using various languages. I remain a beginner at all of them. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Carol Haynes:
Following up 'lucky dog Stefan' living in Heildelberg ....

I live in the North of England in the Yorkshire Dales National Park ...

here is a local view ... (basically nearly out of the back of my house)

and some local visitors to my garden:

http://www.lairdswood.com/lairdswood/garden-birds.html

How about adding your own so we get to be a little more friendly around here ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version