ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (114/187) > >>

kakarukeys:
 :) ops...

I was an R&D engineer, now learning Python programming language, hoping to develop software related to the field machine learning. My first project is to find a way to reduce repetitive typing. HDD, CPU double size and speed every year. It's curious why we are still using the same keyboard and mouse from '90s.

Found some nice abbreviation expander and autocompletion programs on this site. But they either have stopped development, or turned into bloatwares.

Darwin:
Welcom, Timoth  :Thmbsup:

slowmaker:
Hello, everyone. I like what I've seen of this community so far, so I'll have a go at this self-introduction thing:

I'm from (and still in) the Southeastern U.S. I've been a peach picker, a radio dispatcher, a roofer, a library assistant, a low-tech demolition crewman (think hammer+crowbar+sweat), a math tutor, an HVAC installer, an industrial electronics troubleshooter, an assembly-line worker, a programmer for a small RFID shop, a retail worker, a computer repairman and a television repair shop driver (not necessarily in that order). I'm 40 years old and I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but it's been an interesting ride so far.

I'm a husband and father too, but I'm not planning on giving those jobs up  :).

I like projects, both low and high tech, but I tend to do a lot more reading than doing. If a position at Mythical Dream Jobs, Inc opened up for reading back issues of Popular Mechanics and writing programs on alternate days, I'd probably be willing to commit some fairly heinous acts to get that job, up to and including animal sacrifice.

mouser:
Welcome to the site slowmaker and others i missed above :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
I'm 40 years old and I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but it's been an interesting ride so far.
-slowmaker (January 01, 2010, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well said, slowmaker  ;D Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. Welcome to DC! It is a special place and I hope that you will enjoy your time here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version