ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (105/187) > >>

GrowMap:
I found you through April Russo (@app103 on Twitter) because I am both graphics and programming challenged. Well, I could learn programming but graphics....  hmmm.... I better stick to wordsmithing and driving traffic. Anyway...

I have been using Ubuntu for about a year and am always campaigning for open source and to create a better world by our choices:  supporting small businesses instead of corporations.

There are always apps I wish I had that I haven't located so if anyone wants to write some cool tools for power Social Networking users and bloggers let's collaborate. I'll explain what we need, you can code it, I'll test it (if it will run on Ubuntu or in Wine or I can borrow a Windows pc) and then I'll promote it for you. Ideally it would work in any OS.

I am also looking for some logo and graphic design people to recommend. I just published a post about that and it includes some tips about <a href="http://www.growmap.com/freelancer/">Freelancer Challenges</a>. If you have anything you want promoted or you do work worth recommending look me up. I'm @GrowMap wherever you find me online especially Twitter, FriendFeed and cliKball.

Darwin:
Welcome to DC, GrowMap  :Thmbsup: April is app103 around here, too!

heayanae:
Hey there, seems some Aussies are here, don't see a lot of them online so this is a pleasant surprise.
I'm a retired Engineer, have a dissability (spinal) so interacting online in something worthwhile makes my day. My passion is good software, and engaging in the fight against Malware .

Darwin:
Welcome, heayanae! I'm glad you've found DC and are finding it a nice place to hang out  :Thmbsup:

jamiemac2005:
Hey all, i'm Jamey, 18, a student in the UK, between high-school and uni (waiting to find out my exam results). I started my programming life with web-progamming(HTML, CSS, JS, PHP) back in 03[ish]... Since i've dabbled with loads of languages, love programming, write small utilities for personal use and some bespoke software for a few people.

I also ride BMX. Love Music(Electro/Indie/Rock/DubStep/Acoustic). I am a photographer, that kind of goes with my web-design background.

I've been helping people out at TechSupportForum.com, and started using AutoHotkey for small scripts to speed up repetetive tasks that users needed to perform to fix their pc/etc. And through AHK's script bank i found DC. Have been here a few days, not yet very active, but hope to become more active soon.

Feel free to chat =] Info on my profile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version