ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (185/187) > >>

erikts:
Hi! I am 36 and living in Indonesia. I am working for a financial institution. I spend most of my free-time with my girl-friend or with my computer. Here is a picture of a crowded train I use daily  :-[ :

-erikts (May 07, 2009, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's been a while since that post. Now I'm a little bit older. I still work at the same company. I have kids to spend my time. And [drum roll] I'm thankful to have DC too. :)

Nowadays I commute by riding motorcycle.

erikts:
Hopefully, I haven't bored you too much with this bio.-NSDebi (March 24, 2020, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Always love reading every posts here. :)

danlock77:
I'm Jesse. No, not that Jesse. Another one. Similar in age, though.

(I've never been to New York. I think I've seen Manhattan from a seaside road in Connecticut one New Year's weekend during the late '90s. If that is not possible, I was (obviously) seeing something else. I think I had switched planes in Chicago that trip, but I can't remember. I probably recorded the details in a journal I was keeping at the time, not that THAT is relevant in this message.)

I've followed donationcoder.com for many, many years, but very little since mid-2017-or-so. The top-right text on this page says "Proudly celebrating 15+ years online." so that might tell you something.  Oops! That's the site's time online. I apparently joined in 2007. :)  So I've been here since the year the site's online time was approximately two years.

I live alone in the western United States. I've accomplished the majority of the things I wanted to accomplish in life according to the "bucket list" (if you will) of my life I dreamed up when I was around six years old (e.g. graduate from high school, graduate from college, etc.). Some, though, are no longer possible, mostly as a result of external events, such as "look down from the top of one of the World Trade Center towers." Others from my age six bucket list are much less likely: "Marry someone during or after University with whom to have a family."

I will amend this message later if I can and if I think of additional relevant information to provide.

I no longer live where I lived when I first donated and received my Cody memorabilia. I somehow misplaced my beloved package from DonationCoder one night while showing it to an extended family member at a frozen yogurt shop. (at least, I think that's where it was misplaced...I never found it again.)  :'(

I love to learn (as I always have), despite the aggravating detriments with which I now live that make it an uphill battle. I hope I never reach a point at which my ability to continue learning reaches an end.

The extended family member to whom I referred above helped to ignite, or to fuel, my love of learning. During grad school and later, he would visit his wife's parents' home (where we interacted) and ask me questions—thought-provoking questions—to which I would respond. Even decades later, waiting in line at the dentist's office (probably between late 2010 and early 2012), he'd ask me questions, seemingly out of the blue, such as, "How could two people, each at a different place on Earth's surface but with no quick method of communication, observe a future event at the same time using something they can both agree upon? (I'm not sure, and cannot remember, whether the event was merely observed or was a message sent and encrypted and/or decrypted using that simultaneously-observed, specific event.)

I remember, though, that my answer involved the two people looking toward the same place in the distant sky at an aspect of the universal microwave background radiation to determine the precise time (because the UMBR would be the same at the same time to all of Earth). I can't remember whether I considered using that specific snapshot (known to both people despite their separation) of the UMBR as the basis for an encryption and/or decryption key for any potential later message. It might instead have been merely used as a way of synchronizing clocks, so to speak, so the two people could do something else which required synchronicity, such as a single transmission, which could never be repeated, from one to the other using a "fast" way of communicating.

But I digress, as I am wont to do. Anyway, there you have it: some train-of-thought typing from my brain to my fingers.

As I said above, I'll modify this message if I notice grammatical errors, typos, misspellings, etc. (things like that stick out in my vision like sore thumbs! For whatever reason, my brain notices tiny, especially incorrect, details, without effort!), or other things which will make little sense unless I provide further exposition. (Those various things are embarrassingly common in my typed text after I've typed something while in a state of great fatigue such as the one I am currently experiencing!)

[end]

panzer:
I'm Jesse. No, not that Jesse.

[end]
-danlock77 (September 19, 2020, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jesse James?
Jesse Owens?

tomos:
I'm Jesse. No, not that Jesse
-danlock77 (September 19, 2020, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jesse James?
Jesse Owens?
-panzer (September 19, 2020, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
mouser jesse !!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version