ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (171/187) > >>

cranioscopical:
Figured I'd try to participate more. Hope everyone has a great night!

Thanks so much for DC. I'm having a ball checking everything out. 
--- End quote ---

Welcome aboard... it's good to see a nice pear.

wut?!:
I forgot to include how I got here. A few days ago, I realized that Launchy hasn't been updated for years, so I went hunting for something under active development. I sometimes use alternative.to to find suggestions for apps and I headed over there. Well, FARR is the highest program on their list of alternatives. So, credit to them for sure.

Now I'm also running Screenshot Captor and Clipboard Help and Spell.

EDIT: "Modify" is another word for "edit". Doh!

Vurbal:
Uh, what else? I'm really into music and I love everything from Jazz to Hip-Hop to Metal to Breaks to Classical and everything in-between. I collect headphones and build A/V ICs for friends. Right now, I'm listening to some Fats Domino through my AKG K7XX. Before that it was Biggie, and before that it was some Bach. Next up is a Nina Simone album called To Love Somebody.
-wut?! (April 24, 2015, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny you should mention Fats Domino and Bach. I play bass, and I've got my son (a drummer) working on learning I'm Walking, although my favorite of his is probably Blue Monday. Some time in the near future we'll be shifting gears to some Bach - well, sort of...

wut?!:
Whoa. Jethro Tull has never really been on my radar, but now they are! Thank you!

I've been on a huge funk spree lately. Listening to lots of Sly, Herbie Hancock, Isaac Hayes, Commodores, Supertramp, Tower of Power, and of course Parliament/Funkadelic, etc...

I can't seem to get enough.

tomos:
I've been on a huge funk spree lately. Listening to lots of Sly, Herbie Hancock, Isaac Hayes, Commodores, Supertramp, Tower of Power, and of course Parliament/Funkadelic, etc...-wut?! (April 25, 2015, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

you'll have to make a few suggestions in the music thread -
(a greater variety of music unlikely to be found anywhere :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version