ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (165/187) > >>

Darwin:
Wow! What a rich and full life  :Thmbsup:! Thank you for sharing your story with us and WELCOME to DC. I have not been very active here for a few years now, but do monitor the fora; you will find this to be a very welcoming and tolerant place  :-* My condolences (late though they may be) on your wife's passing.

barney:
May I say, sir, that I hold a great deal of respect for your longevity and persistence.  You make me feel young again  :-*.

ulrich.hanke:
Hi, I am a german government employee and 64 yeaers old. I am blind since 1975. Since 1985 I work with computers that have  a software called Screen Reader (JAWS=Job Access with Speech) that speaks out the written Text of the Display.
I am in cahrge of a computer Club for blind people, and my hobby is the testing of software, if it can be used by blind people. This is the reason I got in contact with Skwire, because I tested his programms and hat difficulties . I wrote to him, and he instantli changed his program and I could use it, although I was not a member of donation coder.

I thank him very much, and i must say that not many programmers are so kind and so friendly - and so willing to help! I often write to program authors with questions, but mostly they don`t answer at alll, or they answer that they are not willed to change their stuff.

And I should not forget Mouser! When i became a member, he offered me special help because he knew I am blind.     
SO, many greetings to Skwire and Mouser again today!
And many thanks for all those nice programms that mostly work with Screen Reader!

Best Regards, Ulrich

seanyore:
www.emailaddresses.com which is about email and is a good place to visit
-JeffK (April 16, 2005, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Although emailaddresses looks a little like a portal it does have interesting links & news. Online Photo Albums could use some updating.  Good work!

scancode:
After a loooooong hiatus (life's a b*tch) I finally got settled down enough that I get to participate on a forum on a regular basis. I missed you guys.

Is the IRC channel still active? I have to drop as soon as I get my ISP to unblock the port.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version