ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (17/187) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Welcome Harrie

Harrie:
Thank you, Carol.   :)

Got Milk?:
Got Milk? here, turning 53 this year, been into puter business for a long time, at least 15 years or so. I´m "retired" so to speak, my own choice, because i sold my PC tech support company and got, to say the least, a fair amount of dough to make me independent of salary and stuff for the rest of my days. Spending my time traveling together with the wifey thing, also spends a good amount of time in front of the PC monitor  ;)

Living in Stockholm, Sweden (there´s no polar bears on the streets here, same as Norway ;D) but the overall weather conditions, especially winter time, slowly drives me nuts. Used to joke about us having only two seasons of the year, white winter and green winter ;D Having major plans on moving to a much warmer place, somewhere in the Mediterranian area. Thats it! And i love donationcoder.com, been here several times for the Mircryption stuff, but when i finally took some time to browse the site i was amazed! Sent the donation right away! 

Deozaan:
I am 22 years old, and originate from the Boise, Idaho, USA. I came to this site a time or two on the suggestion of fellow member Allen. We've been online buddies for several years now. I decided to join because I like software and it's always great to see what other people recommend (reviews) and what new programs I haven't even heard of before that may very well be what I have been wanting for many years.

I run a few websites, some personal, some semi-professional. I've been learning PHP, though I'm not much skilled in it. My other programming language/application of choice is Macromedia Adobe Flash. I've made a few test projects to help improve my skill with the program, mostly with the ultimate goal being to design a cool game (that will probably live in obscurity all its days) that my brother and I have had the idea to make for years. They can be found at http://www.bighed.net/idler/. If you're interested in mildly humorous, albeit somewhat morbid animations, you can see the beginnings of my hobby/career into websites from that root URL. It's not updated anymore; it's something that I don't really tell people about these days.

Lately I've been tinkering with personal PHP utilities. Making my own discussion boards, and thumbnail creating script. I had been thinking about doing a wiki and not long after I saw some discussion on this site about getting a wiki here. So I decided to create one. I got Allen into it and we had a race to see who would finish first. Well, he's done and I've been out of town a lot recently (no laptop for me) and mine doesn't even create a page yet. His is a nice, little, and for once in his programming career, useful script. (Oh wait, his ReReplace.com site is useful, too!)

I still intend on making that wiki, and with a lot more functionality than Allen's. That's not to say I think mine will be better. We just have different ideas on what we want our own projects to do. Nothing wrong with either one.

That's all for now.

Rover:
I am 22 years old, and originate from the Boise, Idaho, USA. I came to this site a time or two on the suggestion of fellow member Allen. We've been online buddies for several years now.
-Deozaan (March 08, 2006, 10:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well if you're OK by Allen ... you're OK by me.  Don't have beard do you?

Anyway welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version