ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (157/187) > >>

40hz:
Welcome Andem! Since I've yet to be completely sold on content management systems, I'd be very interested in hearing more about your experiences and thoughts about coding sites up from scratch.

tomos:
We are in dream world.
[Link removed]
-blackzone30 (October 08, 2012, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

that gave me a laugh (SEO link)

KynloStephen66515:
I'm curious where my fellow Doconians reside, what you do for a living, what you do for fun, are you married, got pets? etc etc...

Most of you know I am a strange person who comes from 'Sunny ol' Blighty', obsessed with Tattoo's, has a dog, Engaged to be married, spend a lot of time on Imgur (I love it!) and I do odd jobs for money!

So...what about YOU?!

---

[edit/merged]
Forgot about this post!

My question still stands though, as some people may have changed!!!

TaoPhoenix:
My early grounding in formal English was also reinforced by the military.  One does not always equal 1, but one (1) does.
-barney (August 01, 2012, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That just terrifies me.  :o

barney:
My early grounding in formal English was also reinforced by the military.  One does not always equal 1, but one (1) does.
-barney (August 01, 2012, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

That just terrifies me.  :o
-TaoPhoenix (December 08, 2012, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why?  Sometimes one is used in a nominative sense, e.g., "One does what one must," where the numeric meaning does not apply.  Adding the parenthetical value makes clear what the usage should be, or, at least, what usage was intended.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version