ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (156/187) > >>

barney:
I remember reading somewhere that, in "proper" writing, one should spell out numbers, up to a certain limit (four or five?) and then use numerals (e.g. 6 or 7 - is numeral even the correct term for those?)
-tomos (August 01, 2012, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Should be spelled up to a hundred, numeric OK after that.

That's an old school formal writing guideline (and one I like!).

See for example:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060719082151AAkfEeo
-mouser (August 01, 2012, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, me too  :Thmbsup:.  My early grounding in formal English was also reinforced by the military.  One does not always equal 1, but one (1) does  :P.

barney:
-did you pick that marque, by inspiration from Steve McQueen?
One of my brothers drove Triumph Bonneville 650. My mother would close her eyes and start praying, every time she saw him take off.
-Curt (August 01, 2012, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope, can't blame it on Steve.  It was a swap out deal with a coworker when he wanted four (4) wheels - Lover's Lane is awkward on a bike  :-* :P.

Luckily ( :-\?), my mother never new anything about it ... at least, not 'til my impromptu parking session.

Andem:
Hello everyone! I just joined the forum and wanted to quickly add on to this thread.

I'm Christopher, a young(ish) software developer in my professional life and in my free time I run a couple of web sites largely coded from the ground up (one dedicated to freeware and cool shareware stuff).

I look forward to joining in some of the discussions here!

mouser:
Welcome to the site Andem.

skwire:
Welcome to DonationCoder, Andem.  Care to share your website links?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version