ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (106/187) > >>

Darwin:
Hi Jamey - welcome to DC and good luck with those exams! I went to two uni's in the UK (and one in Canada) - make the most of the next few years - no matter where you go, you only get out of the experience what you put into it...  ;)

jamiemac2005:
Haha thanks for the luck =] I'm really looking forward to uni, all dependant on the grades though.

sunlitlaz:
Greetings all, I am Laz.  I live in the US, in the SouthWest part of Virginia.  I am a CTO for my day job, where I worked my way up from a UNIX and Storage sysadmin. I have been working with computers and related stuff for over 20 years and I love it all.

As for software development, I am a self taught programmer and scripter.  People tell me I am sick in the head because I code for fun.  I can spend a day working on a code project and have a ball.  Primarily, I am a Visual Basic guy for Windows software, but I have dabbled with lots of other languages too, including some C++ when I worked on Half-Life mods a while back.  I also do loads of web development and love PHP for that, plus lots of PERL and Bash/shell for UNIX/Linux scripting.  I enjoy working with databases as well, and use MySQL, MS SQL and SQLite quite a bit.

I like what I see here at DC, and I am very happy to be a member here.  I have been writing and giving away little apps and utilities for years, and I love what everyone is doing here.  I look forward to getting to know folks here and tinkering on some good software!

Thanks  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Welcome to the site sunlitlaz, glad to have you!  :up:

ps. Make sure you don't miss our NANY event in december, sounds like something you would enjoy.  Here's last years description.  This goes for anyone else reading this as well -- NANY 2010 is only a few months away!

jamiemac2005:
Ahh i can't wait for NANY, it will be great coding practice =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version