ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (91/187) > >>

cranioscopical:
Dear me, I retired at 49.... I'm doomed!  :)

Ordstrin:
Hi all,

Yeah, I finally found my way here, despite being on the forums now for about a week.

I'm Australian born & bred, although my ethnic heritage is quite diverse.

I cut my teeth on Console C++ back in Year 7 at school (7th grade for those who need it called that), doing a general computing course.
I moved to a new school for Year 11 & Year 12, where I did all 3 available computing courses; Software Design & Development (SDD), Information Technology (IT), and Information Processes and Technology (IPT).
Doing SDD at my new school is where I first learnt just how frustrating programming can be. I started off with Java Applets (and found out the hard way that they're very different to Java Applications), then moved to Visual Basic 6. After using VB6 for a short time I moved to VB.NET, which I found much more fun than Java.
After school I just bummed around at home on the internet, mostly.
Three or four years ago I started playing with REBOL.
Two years ago I started doing a TAFE (Cert4 IT General) at my local TAFE.
Since last year I've also been playing around with AHK.

I've had experience as a programmer, tech support, teacher's aide, support teacher, forum admin (on several small forums) and many other various things.

I like to call myself a "dabbler", although many who know me would probably call me a Jack Of All Trades.

My many hobbies include Reading (books, preferably fantasy or sci-fi novels) and playing (video) Games.

I often prefer to take things at my own pace and as a consequence, I'm very hard to rush (and give better results when I'm allowed to take my time).

Well, that's just a little..

~Ordstrin

AussieRodney:
I've been around computers for over 30 years.

About to launch an IT Service (mostly PC repairs) to the vast Outback area of Australia, on a “we come to you, wherever you are” basis.

In terms of scale, imagine an area covering all of the US states north & west of Memphis, mostly desert ranging up into wet tropics, sparsely populated. Or most of mainland Europe up to & including Poland & Bosnia. That’s our territory!

Here's the website.

Ordstrin:
I've been around computers for over 30 years.

About to launch an IT Service (mostly PC repairs) to the vast Outback area of Australia, on a “we come to you, wherever you are” basis.

In terms of scale, imagine an area covering all of the US states north & west of Memphis, mostly desert ranging up into wet tropics, sparsely populated. Or most of mainland Europe up to & including Poland & Bosnia. That’s our territory!

Here's the website.-AussieRodney (March 04, 2009, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ambitious.
Welcome to DonationCoder.
~Ordstrin

mouser:
And a belated but warm welcome to you Ordstrin!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version