ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (100/106) > >>

wraith808:
"The Witcher 2" with fabulous graphics and no possibility to take a screenshot*.

*) Except buying FRAPS or taking the risk with with ATI TrayTools.
-fenixproductions (July 04, 2011, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could you not use Steam or Raptr or Xfire?

crabby3:
Why start a new thread about an old topic?   :tellme:

What annoys me over and over and...

Non-answers!

Question: Is it raining hard where you are?

Answer:  I have a state of the art umbrella!

:p

allen:
"Should I install the developer preview of that OS?"
 or
"How do I install the developer preview of that OS?"

If you to ask, the answer is a resounding f*** no. If your hands can reach the keyboard, you're sitting too close.

crabby3:
Traffic lights in the United States.

With all the technology we have, why are these things still being manufactured with such an antiquated electrical design? Most of them can't even automatically reset themselves following a power failure. Talk about a joke. >:(
-40hz (July 04, 2011, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Update:

In my small portion of the US... we now have LED red and green.  Yellow is still incandescent and not cost-effective to switch.
All are computer controlled as well.  Following a power outage, the yellow or red blink until reset, mostly by computer.
This blinking isn't great and sometimes it goes on for a spell.  But it's way safer than having nothing.
Also... it somewhat keeps the stop or go decision away from the motorists.   :P
And... I'm seeing more and more crosswalk timers.  I think the concept is to let pedestrians know how long they have before being run over.  ;D
These can be seen from your vehicle and it's nice to know when to speed up or slow down.  Saves time or brakes.  IMO great idea.

--------------------

My beef-
Time of day sequencing.
Say you have three traffic lights close enough together to see all 3 any time of day.
At 5:00 a.m. all are green... zoom right through.  :)
At 5:01 a.m. #1 turns red and you stop to let zero (0) traffic go through.  Lights 2 and 3 are still green.  As your #1 light turns green, #2 light turns yellow then red to let more nothing through.  Same with #3.  >:(

Even if these lights were only 200 feet (61 meters) apart and you accelerated like Mario Andretti... you'd still catch one of 'em.

BTW  Fort Lauderdale PD has a ticket called *Improper Start* and they gave me my very own copy a while back.  ;D

40hz:
Kit-Kat commercials on TV.

I don't know why they think the sound of somebody loudly chewing their product makes you want to buy it. Or that biting into a candy bar can induce an orgasm - as the expressions on the ad actor's faces (especially the women's) seem to imply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version