ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (62/106) > >>

Josh:
Stores which print off receipts that are the length of two 8.5x11 pieces of paper when all you purchased was a single item. The receipt I received from rite aide yesterday was that size and all I purchased was Visine eye drops. Half of that was asking me to complete a survey which is "random", yet every receipt I get from them has that survey on it, and the other half was a special explaining an upcoming promotion.

WHAT A WASTE OF PAPER!

J-Mac:
Minor but at times extremely annoying:

Web forms that, after you have filled in all fields - some via a form-filling utility, like LastPass or RoboForm, but some that you must enter manually like your chosen username and password and other one-time entries - they return the form page as "invalid" because they don't like your email address or they want the 9 digit ZIP instead of 5 or vice versa, or the captcha was incorrect - and it wipes out ALL the custom fields, requiring you to enter the stuff all over again. Sometimes they do not specify clearly enough exactly what they didn't like and force you to refill the form several times before you finally realize what they want.

I rarely ever get to the end anymore, 'cause I usually just mutter a few choice unkind words as I close that tab after the second return!  Grrrrr....

Jim

BTW - I posted this because it just happened w/Share*It trying to purchase Archivarius. I was using the PayPal option - which though Share*It offers they do all they can to discourage you from using it - and I used the email address that is associated with my PayPal account. Share*It returns it as invalid saying I used a free email address and they don't accept them. First, it is NOT a free email address! Five year subscription cost me a couple of hundred bucks! Plus they want me to use my PayPal address and that is it. Share*It was already on my sh-tlist for other reasons, like how they screw people with undisclosed exchange rate fees and other added little annoyances. This one was the last straw though.

I won't be purchasing Archivarius.

Innuendo:
Web forms that, after you have filled in all fields - some via a form-filling utility, like LastPass or RoboForm, but some that you must enter manually like your chosen username and password and other one-time entries - they return the form page as "invalid" because they don't like your email address or they want the 9 digit ZIP instead of 5 or vice versa, or the captcha was incorrect - and it wipes out ALL the custom fields, requiring you to enter the stuff all over again. Sometimes they do not specify clearly enough exactly what they didn't like and force you to refill the form several times before you finally realize what they want.-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

Solution to this annoying problem if you are a Firefox user:

http://lazarus.interclue.com/

J-Mac:
Web forms that, after you have filled in all fields - some via a form-filling utility, like LastPass or RoboForm, but some that you must enter manually like your chosen username and password and other one-time entries - they return the form page as "invalid" because they don't like your email address or they want the 9 digit ZIP instead of 5 or vice versa, or the captcha was incorrect - and it wipes out ALL the custom fields, requiring you to enter the stuff all over again. Sometimes they do not specify clearly enough exactly what they didn't like and force you to refill the form several times before you finally realize what they want.-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

Solution to this annoying problem if you are a Firefox user:

http://lazarus.interclue.com/
-Innuendo (June 29, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks good - I'm checking it out now.

Thanks!

Jim

SKesselman:
People who - after (or during!) eating - lick and suck their fingers (especially if it's noisy).
What do they think napkins were invented for, anyway??
And no, even if they suck the tips of their fingers from pinkie to thumb really, really fast, it makes it no more innocent or any less annoying.
It's even worse if they're cooking. People always seem to do this when they're cooking at home.
I just watched someone do this over the weekend...then she unconsciously(?) wiped her just-licked fingers on the sofa as she was talking!!!!
I'm not even concerned about germs much here, just, everything about it is annoying.

And people wonder why I can't deal with roommates...gross.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version