ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (53/106) > >>

Stoic Joker:
My second example is an easy pot shot....a channel specializing in science-fiction has no gosh-darned business airing programming consisting of reality shows and professional wrestling!-Innuendo (June 24, 2009, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Damn Straight! ...That ones been bugging the hell outa me since it started.
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2009, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what it is ... business.  They have to get enough funding to keep it going to air the sci-fi stuff that we do like.  ECW brings in a lot of money.  Would you rather they took the high road, then went out of business, and we have no outlet for that stuff?
-wraith808 (June 24, 2009, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
*Shrug* …If it’s got to be…it’s got to be… So, yes I would. Either way I end up with a useless channel. Seriously, how many SciFi fans really watch that crap? Not me. I go look for other programming that doesn’t either suck or insult my intelligence (which is a bitch these days). Instead of wasting our collective time tossing tons of long ago dead programming in the hopes it will stick (people to their seats…which it never did, hence why it was originally canceled), they should turn lose of the kind of quality programming they (used to have) are holding in reserve for “next season” (what the hell ever that is these days.; what are they up to 7 seasons a year now?).

I haven’t watched SciFi in months … Si it’s already dead as far as I’m conscerned.

40hz:
I haven’t watched SciFi in months … Si it’s already dead as far as I’m conscerned.
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2009, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty much. But I'll keep hoping they'll rerun Space: Above and Beyond anyway.

Looks like that's another show I'll need to get on DVD. (Not that I'd mind owning my own copy. :))

wraith808:
Well, I know BSG just ended, but that was a bright spot.  And Doctor Who for a while- it has redeemable qualities.  I also loved the Dune series.  It might not be as much as I want, but I still like to have it.  But then again, maybe I'm just not rarefied in my tastes.  :P

4wd:
..... they should turn lose of the kind of quality programming they (used to have).....
--- End quote ---

Uh oh, you've just made mrainey's hit list by doing the opposite :P

Stoic Joker:
..... they should turn lose of the kind of quality programming they (used to have).....
--- End quote ---

Uh oh, you've just made mrainey's hit list by doing the opposite :P
-4wd (June 25, 2009, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm using the "the spell checker did it" defense

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version