ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (52/106) > >>

40hz:
On the subject of TV:  all those little pop-up characters that appear on the bottom of the screen, hyping some upcoming show. I always 'love it' when I'm watching something - and a tiny (but very distracting!) character walks across the screen doing something. SciFi, Animal Planet, and some of the Discovery variants are the chief offenders when it comes to this.

(BTW: thank you SciFi Channel for coming up with the idea of superimposing a station logo on the lower-right corner of everything you broadcast! Guess you deserve the credit for starting that practice.)

Also when movie credits get scrunched onto half a screen so an advert can run on the other half - or - when credits get fast-rolled so quickly that they can't be read. I'm "one of those people" who happens to like reading the film credits.

Stoic Joker:
My second example is an easy pot shot....a channel specializing in science-fiction has no gosh-darned business airing programming consisting of reality shows and professional wrestling!-Innuendo (June 24, 2009, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Damn Straight! ...That ones been bugging the hell outa me since it started.

Another TV habit of late is the Channel logos overlaid on the screen during the show are not only getting bigger but are displaying advertising for all sorts of nonsense. It's bad enough that the 1hr time slot contains 20min of commercials...now they gota run the damn ads during the show too (good luck reading any captions, they're covered).

Cripes! ...We pay good money for entertainment ... not to be bombarded with advertising! <...or so I thought...)

lol ...Looks like 40Hz beat me to the punch!

J-Mac:
My second example is an easy pot shot....a channel specializing in science-fiction has no gosh-darned business airing programming consisting of reality shows and professional wrestling!-Innuendo (June 24, 2009, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Another TV habit of late is the Channel logos overlaid on the screen during the show are not only getting bigger but are displaying advertising for all sorts of nonsense. It's bad enough that the 1hr time slot contains 20min of commercials...now they gota run the damn ads during the show too (good luck reading any captions, they're covered).

Cripes! ...We pay good money for entertainment ... not to be bombarded with advertising! <...or so I thought...)

lol ...Looks like 40Hz beat me to the punch!
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2009, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know why, don't you? Can't fast forward through the on-screen ads if you record the shows. The bastards!

Jim

wraith808:
--- End quote ---
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2009, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what it is ... business.  They have to get enough funding to keep it going to air the sci-fi stuff that we do like.  ECW brings in a lot of money.  Would you rather they took the high road, then went out of business, and we have no outlet for that stuff?

40hz:
Would you rather they took the high road, then went out of business, and we have no outlet for that stuff?
-wraith808 (June 24, 2009, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe not. But I can't begin to tell you how much I'd like to say 'yes' to that question.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version