ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (51/106) > >>

J-Mac:
J-Mac - I agree 100% and so does my Mum! It's not necessary...-CleverCat (June 21, 2009, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Surely it depends on the context?

eg. The Exorcist - Yes, it was split pea soup but was an integral part of the movie.
     Team America: World Police - So over the top that no one could actually think it was gross, (although I'm not sure whether to class this film as an actual documentary or not ).
-4wd (June 21, 2009, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of course it does - but I was referring specifically to TV shows. Regular, prime-time, standard broadcast network shows. You know, NCIS (which I love!), Criminal Minds, The Unit, etc., etc.  Not movies.

Of course we'll probably see this added to that confusing logo at the start of most shows, telling us the show has adult content, coarse language, mild violence (always wondered what the hell that was!), and so on...   :tellme:

Jim

Whereismyangel:
U.S. doctors!!!-SKesselman (June 22, 2009, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

...move to France !  ;)

4wd:
Of course it does - but I was referring specifically to TV shows. Regular, prime-time, standard broadcast network shows. You know, NCIS (which I love!), Criminal Minds, The Unit, etc., etc.  Not movies.-J-Mac (June 22, 2009, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah well, if it's not Dr Who, Torchwood or the WRC I don't watch TV since it's full of nothing else except police shows, cooking shows, talk-back TV (ie. Oprah and her ilk), canned sitcoms or sh!tty "reality" programs.

I guess I can put down TV in general as a major annoyance, especially since the TV programmers in this country are incapable of reading a clock to know when their freakin' programs should stop and start.

wraith808:
Maybe it's time to change doctors?
-wraith808 (June 22, 2009, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know, I didn't even think of that!
Thanks! :Thmbsup:
-SKesselman (June 22, 2009, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just in case- I wasn't trying to be snarky.  I just wouldn't take the stuff you said from any doctor.  I find your attitude is very important in maintaining your health, or recovering from illness.  My doctor doesn't need to treat me like I have an MD- that's why I go to him.  But I do expect him not to talk down to me, and not give me any BS answers.  And he does just that.  If he doesn't know, he tells me.  If he does, he tells me so that I can understand what he's saying.  So when I go to him, I get the feeling that we're working together to maintain my health.  And it seems to make a difference, at least from my perspective.

Innuendo:
Speaking of TV, two issues:

1) If you are going to name your channel something descriptive of the type of programming you show then by George, stick to the description of your charter! Example number one, the American Movie Classics channel. What used to be a wonderful glimpse into the best of movie-making over the years has turned into a programming schedule that's at 50% crap. If I'm browsing your show line-up, AMC, and my on-screen programming guide is showing me that all of the evening's movies are rated at one (!!!) or two stars, you need to fire your programming director!

My second example is an easy pot shot....a channel specializing in science-fiction has no gosh-darned business airing programming consisting of reality shows and professional wrestling!

2) Annoyance number two is something that cropped up in the last 6-12 months. Apparently Sony made a deal to buy 'something' that gave them ownership of a lot of syndicated TV shows. Now every episode of every one of those shows has a trailing Sony logo at the very end of them implying a, "Hey! We made this!" even though the show quit production months/years/decades before Sony ever bought the intellectual property.

Sub-annoyance of the one above....sometimes you'll watch a syndicated show and you'll have up to 8 (!!!) of those little trailing logos after the show ends!

Oh, and while I'm here: Annoyance Bonus Round! Movies and TV shows sometimes have little clever things that are shown during or after the ending credits. Sometimes I just want to see who played what part. Good luck being able to enjoy any ending credits on TV anymore! The ending show is squished down to an out-of-proportion sliver of the screen while the next bit of programming is given the majority of the screen also out-of-proportion!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version