ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (4/106) > >>

Darwin:
+1 (or should that be -1  >:() on the toy packaging in particular and product packaging in general  :down:

The impact on the environment of all this must be profound and it seems to me that it is completely unnecessary and almost universally unwanted!

allen:
And I can assure you the product manufacturers aren't the ones eating the costs involved in this asinine packaging.  I'd be curious (or perhaps loathe...) to see, statistically, how much an individual pays in their life time for all this.

f0dder:
People, copy protection, DRM.

Josh:
I can't say DRM because it has never caused me any headaches.

CWuestefeld:
I'm annoyed by

* People who seem unaware of those around them. The subway example is a good one; also people who block the aisle in the supermarket, and "left lane dicks" on the highway.
* People who don't seem to make any effort toward the use of proper spelling (pluralization!), punctuation, even sentence and paragraph structure. We all make mistakes occasionally, but I frequently see long "streams of consciousness" with no capitalization, and self-invented punctuation in a single long paragraph. This is actually a special case of my first point, I guess, in that they save themselves the trouble by placing responsibility for deciphering on the poor readers.
* People in political/philosophical/economic discussions that argue passionately on a topic and hold tightly to their view, but really have no understanding of it. I acknowledge that there exist legitimate arguments for many positions other than my own. But echoing back talking points from MSM really does nothing to enlighten anyone. If you want to debate something, understand the whys and wherefores first.
Boy, I'm really becoming a curmudgeon.

(sheepishly edited to fix a punctuation error  :-[)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version