ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (101/106) > >>

Stoic Joker:
BTW  Fort Lauderdale PD has a ticket called *Improper Start* and they gave me my very own copy a while back.
-crabby3 (June 14, 2013, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Having a rather (shall we say) colorful driving history (street racing), I positively must know what constitutes a "Proper Start"? Even now that I'm pushing 50 I seldom get more than half the rated mileage off a set of tires.

40hz:
what constitutes a "Proper Start"
-Stoic Joker (June 14, 2013, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

In my state it means: NO rubber/NO squeal. 8)

crabby3:
BTW  Fort Lauderdale PD has a ticket called *Improper Start* and they gave me my very own copy a while back.
-crabby3 (June 14, 2013, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Having a rather (shall we say) colorful driving history (street racing), I positively must know what constitutes a "Proper Start"? Even now that I'm pushing 50 I seldom get more than half the rated mileage off a set of tires.
--- End quote ---

I just past *early retirement* age (USA) and a Proper Start is anything except what I did in the early '70's.

It involved a newly earned DL, a small-block '63 Vette, 10" wide rear tires, some rocks in the road under them and a 360.

Cop wasn't impressed... nor my father.   ;D

Stoic Joker:
what constitutes a "Proper Start"
--- End quote ---

In my state it means: NO rubber/NO squeal. 8)
-40hz (June 14, 2013, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah mine to (Florida - same as crabby), but god...that's just so boring. I like to enjoy driving as an activity.. So any time I can get someone to drop their phone to give me the finger I look at as a win. My antics would not have surprised them had they too been paying attention all along.

@crabby - 360 is a damn fine engine. I've got one in my 02 Dodge Dakota.

In my distant youth I frequently left the cop standing there scratching their head trying to figure out how the hell to describe what I was doing on the ticket. I managed to negotiate that confusion down to careless driving about 35 times.

...But officer how can you say I was doing 95mph on the street...(caught on radar after launching the bike over a set of tracks 6-8 feet in the air)...if I wasn't even touching it??

crabby3:
Kit-Kat commercials on TV.

I don't know why they think the sound of somebody loudly chewing their product makes you want to buy it. Or that biting into a candy bar can induce an orgasm - as the expressions on the ad actor's faces (especially the women's) seem to imply.
-40hz (June 14, 2013, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe this is conjoined commercials?

Kit-Kat = crunch   York Peppermint Pattie = orgasm

Both Hershey's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version