ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (67/106) > >>

J-Mac:

And what is this: no file version, no date, no nothing in the details of the installation file. I keep all of my downloaded installation files (sometimes other users want versions of software no longer available & no one has a copy). It's a pain to have to make folders with dates or versions for each setup file.
-SKesselman (July 07, 2009, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I agree strongly with this. Basically it is simply laziness - they want to just use the same installer package with as little change as possible. I always add the version number. Unless I forgot what it is - then I add the date instead.

Jim

Josh:
Shades...It is a quote from Austin Powers Goldmember

40hz:
My latest peeve - EXE-type installers that are hard coded to require a specific version of .NET Framework.

I have V2.0-SP2; V3.0-SP2; and V3.5-SP1 currently installed.

Now, something I need to install is insisting that V1.1-SP1 also be present.

Drives me nuts! >:(

wraith808:
My latest peeve - EXE-type installers that are hard coded to require a specific version of .NET Framework.

I have V2.0-SP2; V3.0-SP2; and V3.5-SP1 currently installed.

Now, something I need to install is insisting that V1.1-SP1 also be present.
-40hz (July 09, 2009, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't really have anything to do with the installer- it depends on the framework the exe was compiled under.  A .NET 1.1 app cannot run under .net 2.0 and vice versa- it really depends on what the application needs.

40hz:
A .NET 1.1 app cannot run under .net 2.0 and vice versa
-wraith808 (July 09, 2009, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

And all this time I thought they were at least backwardly compatible. Live and learn. Thx! :)

Oh well... if I can't slag the installer, I can still slag the authors of the app since they're responsible for both.

.NET V1.1 goes back to 2003.
V3.0 has been around since 2006.
V3.5 came out in late 2007.

It's now 2009. C'mon guys!

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version