ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New Script FARR Plugin: Clock

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
Just added this to the official FARR plugin list.

Couple of quick comments:

* The zip file actually has the directory Clock inside it (My winzip context menu extension does this by default as well if you right click on the directory and say to zip, rather than selecting the files inside the directory and saying zip).  This actually can cause a problem for the updater since it just unpacks the contents into the plugin subdirectory resulting in a two-level deep install.  Can you fix that?
* Changing from cl to fcl would be good idea or doing as Armando says with ^cl (.*)

Perry Mowbray:
I just installed this plugin and it's quite neat, but thought that adding the ability to display future or past dates would be beneficial too.

Being javascript it's easy to change the plugin, so I added the following before the script formats the date:

--- Code: Javascript ---var NewDate = new Date()            // Get current Date    if (querynokeyword != "") {    // Why is querynokeyword always just the first word??    var arrayOfQuery = queryraw.split(" ");            for (var i=1; i < arrayOfQuery.length; i++) {      if (IsNumeric(arrayOfQuery[i]) == true ) {        var ip = i + 1;        if (ip < arrayOfQuery.length ) {          switch(arrayOfQuery[ip].toLowerCase()) {            case "year":            case "yyyy": {// year            NewDate.setFullYear(NewDate.getFullYear() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "quarter":            case "q": { // quarter            NewDate.setMonth(NewDate.getMonth() + (parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i])*3));            break;            }            case "month":            case "m": { // month            NewDate.setMonth(NewDate.getMonth() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "day":            case "y": // day of year            case "d": // day            case "w": { // weekday            NewDate.setDate(NewDate.getDate() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "week":            case "ww": { // week of year            NewDate.setDate(NewDate.getDate() + (parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i])*7));            break;            }            case "hour":            case "h": { // hour            NewDate.setHours(NewDate.getHours() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "minute":            case "n": { // minute            NewDate.setMinutes(NewDate.getMinutes() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "second":            case "s": { // second            NewDate.setSeconds(NewDate.getSeconds() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }            case "milliseconds":            case "ms": { // second            NewDate.setMilliseconds(NewDate.getMilliseconds() + parseFloat( arrayOfQuery[i]));            break;            }                      }        }      }    }  }
Works fine, but it raised some questions about Licensing: There was not a Licence defined in the file or on his website, so I'm not sure if I should have done that or not?

I wonder if we:

* Should ensure that all Plugins have some sort of Licence attached to them?
* Should have an area for Open Source plugins, especially the FScript variety, as they are so easy to change?
 :-\ What do people think?

mouser:
Works fine, but it raised some questions about Licensing: There was not a Licence defined in the file or on his website, so I'm not sure if I should have done that or not?
--- End quote ---

i don't want to speak for gogogadgetscott, but given the context, and the fact that source is released with this, and the spirit of this site, it seems clear to me that it's a pure good thing to share modifications like this, and i would consider these plugins open source by default  :Thmbsup:

I think basically all FARR plugins have been released as open source -- though maybe not "formally" with a license.  it's a good idea to include a clear license in them saying so.  we should choose a default license and include it with all the samples, then others will follow suit.

gogogadgetscott:
I apologize for not replying to the above comments. I have had some performance issues with FARR (searching history is slow) and am currently evaluating Lanchy  :(

FARR Plugin: Clock is now officially released using GPLv3. Do as you wish with it  :D

mouser:
there's no reason searching history should be slow (you can email me at [email protected] if you want to experiment and try to get it fixed); but otherwise, use whatever program works best for you  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version