ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cooking my PC: what NOT to do

<< < (9/10) > >>

nosh:
Oh, man, the Duron made a hole in the table :o
-Lashiec (February 19, 2008, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!

Update: Took the good doctor's advice and got me a new cabinet - a big suction fan in the front, right in front of the HDDs which are a good 2 inches apart. Two suction fans at the side- a big one pitching right at the CPU, a smaller one at the gfx card. A bigger exhaust at the rear, in addition to the regular sized one that came with the cabinet. Took my old cabinet's exhaust and attached it to the gfx card - way easier than I'd expected. So totally I have uh... six fans, seven counting the PSU.  :'(

Right, the HDDs are sitting at 35°, the GPU is at 38° ( :-*)  & the Prescott... well, it's hovering between 80 & 90 - blame Intel, not me! Will check out the videos later, now that it's something that happens to other people and (hopefully) not me, I may even see the humor in it.

PS: All three large fans at the front, side & rear have this eerie neon blue light, so now when the lights are turned out my bedroom looks really shady - or really cool - depending on who you are.

f0dder:
Holy moley, that's a lot of airflow! But ugh, still 80-90C? Those CPUs are insanely hot... or perhaps you should get a better heatsink for it, something *big*, with decently applied thermal paste.

Lashiec:
This one will suffice ;D

Or a Thermalright Ultra 120, that would definitely bring those temps down.

Carol Haynes:
Wow - but do you need a house sized case for that? And does the weight bend your mobo?

Lashiec:
Disclaimer: It's not the cooler I use, just some crazy device someone spotted in another forum. We haven't decided if that could bend the motherboard or not :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version