ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Interrupts" - killing my CPU!

<< < (4/6) > >>

J-Mac:
I used to be at around 98% most of the time my PC was idle, but now that I use DOpus I haven't seen that for a while. DOpus seems to constantly be at around 4 - 5%.

Jim

f0dder:
The 20% spikes were partly because of the network transfer, Comodo seems to like uTorrent much better so it'll be substituting Sygate for good shortly.-nosh (February 16, 2008, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, if you're leeching with µtorrent, your system isn't setting idle - especially not if you're downloading at high rates :). 20% CPU usage still does sound like a lot, but torrent downloading means a lot TCP connections...

nosh:
Not exactly on high speed broadband but yeah, quite a few TCP connections established at the moment. :)

J-Mac, DOpus is notorious when it comes to resource consumption but it actually does seem to put what it takes out of your system to good use. I'm not a DOpus regular but I remember its GUI being more fluid than most of the competition from when I tried it, especially when it came to stuff like browsing heavily populated folders in thumbnail mode. It's probably doing a lot of internal cacheing to stay a step ahead of the user.

Lashiec:
I hit 7-20% CPU usage idle, and all programs are sitting in my tray except Firefox, Windows Task Manager, Pidgin and Xfire. I don't see how you can get such a low CPU usage, f0dder :tellme:
-wreckedcarzz (February 16, 2008, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, that's the CPU usage I got on my old PIII ;D

BTW, µTorrent does not get along with almost every security app out there, so nosh figures are normal, I suppose.

cmpm:
3-10% here, usually around 5%
2 p3's running 40 or so process' each,
including firefox idling in the tray

got rid of some auto updaters
google, apple, real, java....
manually update those occasionally
took out itunes, don't use it anyway

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page