ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Hotkeys/keyboard macros??

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
I use Horst Schaeffer's Calendar.  Just edit the INI to have whatever date and time formats you want.

Tekzel:
I think a dedicated program for that might be better...
-jgpaiva (February 14, 2008, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Disagreed! :)

I actually was coming here to add a feature request, one that is kind of similar to this one.  Mouser, is there a possibility of assigning hotkeys to certain favorites in CHS?  There are a couple of items I am ALWAYS pasting in and while hitting Cont+Shift+Q, going to favorite clips, and selecting it is ok, it would REALLY be nice to be able to assign dedicated hotkeys to a CLIP, that way I can just press the hotkey and paste it in with no interface at all.

Edit: Doh, forgot something! Could it be possible to be able to expand date formatting codes in a clip along with this?  That way I could use say, ALT+D and paste the date, formatted the way I want, into any document, etc.

mouser:
I will think about the ability to assign hotkeys to certain clips.
As for pasting dates, one of the features that got added to CHS in the last release was date/time formatting pasting menu items:

In the options you can even specify a completely custom date/time format, and choose where the data/time formatting presets are displayed.

Does that solve your data/time request?

Tekzel:
Does that solve your data/time request?
-mouser (April 23, 2008, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only if the hotkeys for clips feature is never added.  To me, the perfect situation would be where I can press a single hotkey and paste my favorite date/time formatted clip at the cursor location in any document.  This would, of course, require date/time formatting code expansion in favorite clips.  For giggles, I tried and and found it just pastes the codes verbatim, but I had to try it! :)

mouser:
I think i understand what you are asking..
Do you mean you have some clips with some of your own boilerplate extra text, and some embedded date info, and you want to be able to easily paste those?  Ok let me think about that.  It's definitely in the realm of what the traditional text-expander programs do, so we are starting to blur the lines here between a clipboard helper tool and a text expander, that's the only issue to be concerned with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version