ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Hotkeys/keyboard macros??

<< < (2/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
Allen made the perfect solution for this, in the ahk programming school section.

Maybe he could post it here? :)

jgpaiva:
Following your indications, Tomos..
Here's PasteDate.ahk:

--- ---; Author: jgpaiva
;
; Script Function:
; Send the current date to the active window
;

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

!D::
  FormatTime,CurrentTime,%A_Now%,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
  tempClipboard := clipboard
  clipboard := CurrentTime
  Send,^v
  clipboard := tempClipboard
  return

It's really simple to change the format, just change the stuff after the last comma on this line:

--- ---FormatTime,CurrentTime,%A_Now%,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

BigJim:
Either solution looks great. Yes, I have installed Texter and it seems that their description is a little confusing (having lived in Europe for over 20 years I 'share your pain' over date formats!). In Tester I simply defined a hotstring called "d s" (without the space) and it returns the system like so: 14 Feb 08  which is my system format. And another called "d t s" which returns the time, too:14 Feb 08 @ 15:46 hrs:  I also have a number of often used signature and such which are very handy. The only trick is to name them with 'non-naturally occurring' strings.

tomos:
thanks jg -
I thought you were going to wait for Allen there!
Testing:-
2008-02-15 09:15
Super, works a treat (I decided to remove the seconds.)

What's this about an Autohotkey school :-\
hmmm
Paste the Date

Make a function triggered by a hotkey that will paste the current date and time into the users currently open application (i.e. notepad).

Bonus:
1. When they trigger the function instead of pasting current date and time, ask them what format they want first, and give them some choices, like:
04/20/06, 22:00
or
April 20, 2006
or
April 20, 2006, 10:00pm
etc.-https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3296.0
--- End quote ---
maybe when I've figured out SQL-Notes equations I'll finally try and figure out ahk and have a go at the rest of the assignment (or maybe something easier to start with)

@BigJim
if it does the system date that's good
I usually use the above format so if I using it in any columns where I can sort, it will sort logically/sequentially
you can tell I don't write a lot of letters :P
I might try it again, but strange thing here - it seems to disable my home and end keys - do you use it with Clipboard H&S? - maybe they clash? it seems to be okay without CH&S running
(I actually have direct access installed but shouldnt because this technically a "work" machine [at home though] and it's one of those free non-commercial-use liscences. So I'm slow to use it - also I write very little! [of to do some drawing work])

jgpaiva:
Tomos: yep, i was about to wait because his is so much more complete. But then you specified a hotkey and a format, and that makes things sooo much easier ;)

I'm wondering if this solved jpar5's problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version