ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Jibz's Tools

Dina font in size 7, 6.5 or 6 ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Defenestration:
Thanks for the link jgpaiva. I did find ProFont and Sheldon yesterday, which look promising, but couldn't download them. Managed to download them now so I'll test them out.

tartley:
I agree. I appreciate it's a lot of work, but just for the record, if anyone was interested (or interested in showing me how?) then I'd be keen. I think Dina would be the best programming font, but using Terminus I can get 3 80 columns terminals/editors side-by-side, but with Dina I cannot.

I might research how to edit the .fon files myself. Any pointers are welcome.

Jibz:
Just wanted to let you know that I am working on a 6/7 point size version of Dina.

I have been reluctant to make one, since there really isn't much space to move pixels around at this size, but I can see there are uses for it.

The difference between 6 and 7 point is the height, so it is a trade-off between cramming more lines onto screen and readability -- I am not sure what is more important yet.

Also, it will probably only be regular, since italic and bold are very hard to make readable at that size.

mouser:
Fun!

tartley:
Hooray! This makes me very happy to hear.

FWIW, I'm sure you're already very aware of things like this, but one requirement I'd really like is to preserve the visible distinction between '(' and '{'. In Terminus, for example, they are only a pixel or two different, but in Dina they are really distinct, which is great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version