ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Organize your Quick Launch menu

<< < (3/3)

Hirudin:
I think you can right click on the quick launch bar and choose "Open Folder". Just a quick way to get to it...

I do it like nite_monkey (but I only have one monitor). I have a "shortcuts" folder on my desktop that I have docked to the left side of my screen (set to auto hide).

The icons are re-arrangeable and stay that way between restarts.

app103:
It's a stupid tip, but could help some people keep their quick launch organized using folders.

Really simple.
Just go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USER}\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

(replace {USER} with your Windows User)

And start creating folders and add shortcuts or programs inside.

It will look like this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Dr-Leech (February 12, 2008, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You don't have to go there to do it. You can open any folder on your system onto your taskbar as a toolbar. You can even drag a folder full of shortcuts from explorer and smack it against an unused side of the screen and make a new toolbar that is just like your taskbar that can autohide & all. It just doesn't have the start button, open program buttons, or system tray...pure shortcut & toolbar space.  :-*

This is how I did my 'scary toolbars', that always seems to freak people out.

Keeping the 'desktop' toolbar slid down like I have it on the bottom left, makes every drive, folder, and file on my pc accessable from a menu, under 'My Computer'...including ones on any CD or DVD I may have inserted.

Dr-Leech:
OMG.
That's incredible. You're a big menus fan! :)

Darwin:
This is how I did my 'scary toolbars', that always seems to freak people out.
-app103 (February 19, 2008, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version