ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Organize your Quick Launch menu

(1/3) > >>

Dr-Leech:
It's a stupid tip, but could help some people keep their quick launch organized using folders.

Really simple.
Just go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USER}\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

(replace {USER} with your Windows User)

And start creating folders and add shortcuts or programs inside.

It will look like this:

lanux128:
a good point, i have the path in my CLCL macro for quick opening. another option is FreeLaunchBar or its beefier cousin, TrueLaunchBar which is currently available at 50% discount.

a_lunatic:
I tried a lot of programs for taskbars but didn't like any of them(just to much bloat for me) & settled on using a double size Taskbar & folders using alt codes as names which are added as toolbars & all so use Start Killer & PresStart to reclaim the wasted space under the start button

The orb is just a shortcut thats in a folder with no name by the use of alt codes to the PresStart program & the QuickLaunch is the last two icons to the right.

AndyM:
folders using alt codes as names which are added as toolbars
-a_lunatic (February 12, 2008, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Two questions:  Do you manually change the sort order in your toolbars?  If so, does the sort revert to alphabetical after a reboot or explorer restart?

a_lunatic:
No all the shortcuts in the folders are sorted alphabetical anyway from when they are added

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version