ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PHP IDE recommendations

(1/6) > >>

urlwolf:
I have to read someone else's code in PHP.
They didn't use any rules for line lengnth(standards : 80 col)... and lines are really long. This is a large project so an IDE may help navigating the code.

The problem is that none of the IDEs I have tested (PHPed, Komodo, EasyEclipse) can do proper word wrapping keeping indentation. The last one is the one I like the most right now.

It's a pain to have to scroll horizontally to see a long SQL call.

The only editor that does this kind of wrapping is sublime editor.

Any pointers? What's your recommendation for an IDE overall?
Thanks!

yotta:
if your willing to pay however much it is for dreamweaver, then its worth buying it just for its code view, otherwise aptana (http://www.aptana.com) has both free and paying versions(used to be just free! grrr) and supports all those features + direct saving to ftp and many different code highlighting options

mouser:
Last time i went searching, these 2 seemed top of the line to me, though i was mainly looking for good debug features:

* waterproof phpedit
* nusphere phped
however i must say that i didn't fall in love with any of the php ides i tried.  both of the above programs were very powerful, perhaps a bit too much so.. i tend to like my IDEs to not be so busy and complicated.

Veign:
Seconding PhpEdit that was mentioned by mouser and also adding Komodo Edit (free version).

I still use emEditor as my primary code editor (not really an IDE).

Lashiec:
Did you try a programming editor, like PSPad or Notepad++? If you only want to read and fix code, an IDE is overkill IMO

Anyway, some of the PHP editors not mentioned here, and freeware as well are Dev-PHP, SIDE, tsWebEditor, Tulip and PHP Designer.

We briefly compared all them (minus PHP Designer, as it's not OSS), for a web project we have to take care off at college this year, and the most compelling seems to be tsWebEditor. We ended up doing the code by hand, anyway :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version