ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do You Purchase Software on Impulse?

<< < (5/8) > >>

cranioscopical:

Let's try this. Every time you purchase a piece of software, you also have to buy me a copy and ship it to me. This way, at least I get something out of the deal.  :P
-tinjaw (February 11, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fair enough, stand by to receive my second copy of The Breakbeat-Techno Anihilator... :eusa_boohoo:

Curt:
Because of the reinstall restrictions for Vista, I don't feel like I can freely install programs. After so many reinstalls, you have to buy the darn OS again! -zridling (February 11, 2008, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have never heard of this before. Quite frankly: You are scaring me!  :o
Will you (any of "you") please tell what this is about?  :tellme:

Lashiec:
Nah, I think that's one of the effects of Zaine experiments with Linux. He heads to the package manager, ticks a lot of programs and starts downloading. When he comes back to Vista, having to download apps one by one makes him lost all desires to try new software ;D

What I'm more interested in are the 12 steps from SW addiction!
-Darwin (February 11, 2008, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can write a lengthy suite of songs afterwards :D

Darwin:
Sadly, Lashiec, I believe that such a song would wind up being C&W. C&W is an acquired taste. I haven't (really) acquired it yet.

app103:
See shiny new software...

step 1. find out if they take paypal
step 2. find out my paypal balance
step 3. find out price of software
step 4. if price < paypal balance, download & try software
step 5. wait till 30 days after trial expires to decide if I can live without it, find something cheaper/free, make it myself, etc.
step 6. if nothing found and I can't live without it and I don't want to try making it, go back and buy software.
step 7. Every few months, uninstall all the stuff I forgot about long before it made it to step 5 (which is most things)

I am very frugal by nature and there is no room for impulse shopping in my personality or my wallet.

I am not much of an impulse shopper for anything...not even food. My husband loves sending me to do the shopping, because I stick to the carefully planned list. It saves him a lot of money.

On the other side of the coin, I'll never ask him to pick up milk on the way home from work because it will be the most expensive milk in the world and come with 10 bags of free groceries.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version