ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do You Purchase Software on Impulse?

<< < (6/8) > >>

zridling:
[Curt]: I have never heard of this before. Quite frankly: You are scaring me! Will you (any of "you") please tell what this is about?
After five reinstalls, Vista kills itself and you have to purchase another license and activation key. Worse, if you flash your bios, change something like a videocard or processor, you either have to call Redmond and obtain another activation key, or, you have to buy another copy of Vista when you change too much on your system that Vista is licensed to — it's all in that crazy EULA that drove me to GNU/Linux last year. I torch my system at least once every few weeks, not to mention I build and upgrade my own computers. Vista really put a damper on the enthusiast market. At least they're getting rid of the remote kill switch in SP1!

Armando:
[off-topic]After five reinstalls, Vista kills itself and you have to purchase another license and activation key.
-zridling (February 12, 2008, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
How about system images ? Can't you image your system drive after a basic installation and just reuse the image instead of reinstalling ?[/off-topic]

Darwin:
That was on topic, Armando. Particularly if the imaging software was purchased on impulse! Better yet, the Vista machine that you image was purchased capriciously. Now you're talkin'  :Thmbsup:

PPLandry:
At one point I did buy on impulse... now I code on impulse

Target:
I suspect Vista would be classed as an impulse buy...

My own needs are meager, so I can always get away with freeware - last check I think I had about 2G hoarded away, of which I've probably only ever looked at about 5% (maybe...)

can't imagine how i'd feel if I'd done that with $ware  :o

Target

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version