ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Media Monkey 3 is the most exciting audio player yet

<< < (3/4) > >>

Beth UK:
I agree that MM is a fantastic music manager - I've been using it for as long as I can remember. It doesn't seem to like the latest Last.FM plugin (it uses the WinAmp one I think) but the MM fans on Last.FM have made the old one available anyway which works just fine.

I actually think the music manager that was nearly the most exciting yet is Helium by Intermedia Software. http://www.helium-music-manager.com To my mind Helium has always been 'on the verge' of greatness but never quite gotten there - it does have some fantastic catalogue features and also superb tagging ... but it has never quite reached it's potential and has been prone to the odd bug or two.

It would be a useful project maybe to do a comparison of the two - if someone had the time (I don't right now)?

I own copies of both ... but MM is my current fav! :-*

Darwin:
A beta for Helium MM 2008 was released on Feb. 11 - have you tried it, Beth? Just curious - I'd never even heard of HMM until you posted and followed your link!

Beth UK:
A beta for Helium MM 2008 was released on Feb. 11 - have you tried it, Beth?
--- End quote ---

Yes I saw that and I've been trying to avoid it - I suffer from beta addiction and am trying to break the habit! :-\ Maybe you should try it Darwin (addiction by proxy!)?

Thing is that the world of music managers changed for me once ipods arrived - because only iTunes ever seems to reliably (ish) work with ipod synching, yet iTunes as a music manager is completely inadequate. As good as Media Monkey is I have only ever encountered problems when using it to manage an iPod (although it does have that ability).

Darwin:
I resolved the iPod issue... by assiduously avoiding the purchase of an iPod! I bought first a Samsung K3 and then a T9 (K3 was stolen 3 months after purchase)  :P (An aside - if anyone buys a Samsung mp3 player, stay away from the bundled music organizer. It installs a really annoying, and AFAICT impossible to remove, DRM service).

I'll wait for the final release of Helium MM 2008 to "go live" as I've never tried it and I've already got a number of media players on the go!  At the moment, I'm pretty happy with WinAmp 5.5 but also have MusicIP Mixer Pro, GOMPlayer, and WMP 11 installed. On the strictly player side I have XMPlay installed as well and on the strictly organizing and tagging side I have mp3 Collector (by collectorz.com)...

wthomp:
I have tons of podcasts on my ipod - MM really caused alot of damage (syncing / deleting podcast issues), although it was able to read them off the ipod ok. I ended up using sharepod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version