ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: port-apps launcher (auto-create shortcuts to exe's within a directory)

<< < (3/4) > >>

phillfri:
Vixay - Thanks for the CopyShortcutTargets script. I can see making good use of this for creating documentation directories containing only documents referenced by a wiki and backing them up.

phillfri:
skrommel - The updated shortcutter program doesn't work. The target browse button doesn't load the directory selected and the program never actually runs when one adds a new entry into the rules table.

update: Actually the program will run the example rules that it comes with, but it appears not to work with mapped drives? Was it perhaps designed that way?

phillfri:
To fix Shortcutter v1.1 target directory input problem, find the following code in what was posted earlier in this thread.

BROWSETARGET:
Gui,98:+LastFound
guiid:=WinExist("A")
ControlGetText,targetfolder,Edit2,ahk_id %guiid%
FileSelectFolder,chosenfolder,*%targetfolder%,3,Select a target folder
If chosenfolder=
  chosenfolder:=targetfolder
ControlSetText,Edit2,%targetfolder%,ahk_id %guiid%
Return

Change the line:

ControlSetText,Edit2,%targetfolder%,ahk_id %guiid%

to read

ControlSetText,Edit2,%chosenfolder%,ahk_id %guiid%

Ehtyar:
PStart has an option to scan any directory for executables and will automatically add them to the menu. I use it to manage my portable drive, very good software.

Ehtyar.

phillfri:
Shortcutter v1.1 as posted earlier in this thread had 3 problems for what I was seeking to accomplish.

[1] The target directory input browse dialog wouldn't work properly, failing to actually record the selected target directory
[2] The recurse option would create shortcuts for files found in the subdirectories ONLY, skipping the files in the root source directory
[3] Without the recurse option, no shortcuts were created for files in the root source directory

The attached code changes the logic of the program. When the recurse option is selected, shortcuts are created for files in the source root directory and files in all the subdirectories. When the recurse option s not selected, shortcuts are created for all the files in the source root directory only. And the target directory browse button problem is fixed.

This code has not been extensively tested, and being brand new to AutoHotKey my code changes surely are a bit of a cludge :D  This could be coded better by someone more familiar with AutoHotKey. In any event, it appears to work on my short tests, so I pass it along for anyone who wishes to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version