ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XP Toolbar menu sort order

<< < (2/4) > >>

AndyM:
it appears that you are talking about menus such as the Quick Launch menu.
-J-Mac (February 11, 2008, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes

Yours are auto-sorting to alphabetical?

--- End quote ---
Yes and no.  The part of my QuickLaunch bar that doesn't show as icons on the Taskbar (most of it), stays sorted how I left it, dragging the icons.  Most of the time nowadays two folders ("A" and "X") keep their sort including recent changes, sometimes they don't remember recent changes but don't revert all the way to alphabetical.  My fourth toolbar, C:\ (root directory), never remembers it's manually changed order - it always reverts to alphabetical after a reboot or explorer restart.  That's the one that irritates me since it used to remember it's customized sort order.

None of this is really a big deal, but I would like to understand it and would like to fix it.

Thanks Jim,

Andy

lanux128:
maybe the order has something to do with the number of folder settings that XP remembers? refer here and here.

on another note, you can also use Free LaunchBar to fix the problem.

AndyM:
I increased both BagMru Size settings to 5000 a couple of years ago, so that's probably not it.

Free Launchbar looks interesting, but I like having those three folders separate from the items in my Quicklaunch bar.

techidave:
Just gave the Free Launch app a go here at home and it looks very promising.  So far I like it alot.  Time will tell.
Dave

Hirudin:
If you're using CCleaner (or something similar) clearing the sort of the start menu is one of it's features. I think it's the check box I pointed out in my attached picture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version