ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Point Motivator

I cannot delete or modify entries??

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your comments -- I think you probably hit the nail correctly on all of those -- and as you've surmised, Point Motivator could really use an update to smooth out these rough edges.

The real reason it hasn't gotten attention from me is that there doesn't appear to be much interest in the concept, and it feels like perhaps there are no real users; so it just goes to the bottom of the todo list..

However, I will try to get a minor update out at least that takes care of these worst offender bugs.  I definitely appreciate any help you or anyone else gives in identifying the issues to fix -- makes it all that much easier for me to release a quick update.

mouser:
I think one issue is that Point Motivator is somewhat overly complex.

What might make it more usable is if someone was willing to create some xml definition files with some purpose in mind -- with enough entries that would satisfy users so they could use those definition files without ever feeling the need to customize them.

That would keep most users from ever having to go into the options at all.  If I could find someone willing to create some of those, it might breathe some new life into the program..

Contro:
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your comments -- I think you probably hit the nail correctly on all of those -- and as you've surmised, Point Motivator could really use an update to smooth out these rough edges.

The real reason it hasn't gotten attention from me is that there doesn't appear to be much interest in the concept, and it feels like perhaps there are no real users; so it just goes to the bottom of the todo list..

However, I will try to get a minor update out at least that takes care of these worst offender bugs.  I definitely appreciate any help you or anyone else gives in identifying the issues to fix -- makes it all that much easier for me to release a quick update.
-mouser (November 29, 2012, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a season software, of course. Except for educators.
I made my duties and tried to find an alternative to PM. But was not possible for me.

So God bless you if time enough to make a few modifications.

Some day you told the idea of a price software or something like that. And on the cloud. But there is a lot of such programs. And yours is the only independent one.

So i will wait for you forever.

:-*

mouser:
if I right click on a catagory the menu offers the option to delete or modify the catagory. I've tried both and absolutely nothing happens. I've tried it with the user defined catagory and the sample ones. Is this the same for everyone or should I re-install or something?
--- End quote ---

Actually you can modify and delete and add items, but NOT using the right-click context menu -- I'm not sure why that right-click menu in the main dialog pretends you can.  Ignore that.  You have to open the Item Definition Editor and option the definition file that holds those items in order to modify or delete or add those.

I ran Point Motivator for the first time in a while.. I forgot how much work I put into that program! What a shame that it proved useless to most people.. I have a habit of making elaborate programs like that (see my Web Link Captor for another extreme example).

However, it's probably still worth a minor update.

Contro:
 :-*
Running to try Web Link Captor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version